Monday, April 15, 2013

Pressure ~ Musical Mondays

Recently life seems to have become chaotic, things I used to love have started to feel like a chore, worry about my girls has increased, trying to find time to clean the house hasn't happened in weeks, I drive here I drive there and the back again and then all of a sudden the day is over and I am spent. 
  Just overall overwhelmed.
In other words....
Pressure
and no one said it better than Billy Joel
 

"Pressure"

You have to learn to pace yourself
Pressure
You're just like everybody else
Pressure
You've only had to run so far
So good
But you will come to a place
Where the only thing you feel
Are loaded guns in your face
And you'll have to deal with
Pressure
 
You used to call me paranoid
Pressure
But even you cannot avoid
Pressure
You turned the tap dance into your crusade
Now here you are with your faith
And your Peter Pan advice
You have no scars on your face
And you cannot handle
Pressure
 
All grown up and no place to go
Psych 1, Psych 2
What do you know?
All your life is channel 13
Sesame Street
What does it mean?
 
(I'll tell you what it means)
Pressure
Pressure
 
Don't ask for help
You're all alone
Pressure
You'll have to answer
To your own
Pressure
I'm sure you'll have some cosmic rationale
But here you are in the ninth
Two men out and three men on
Nowhere to look but inside
Where we all respond to
Pressure
Pressure
 
All your life is Time Magazine
I read it too
What does it mean?
 
Pressure
 
I'm sure you'll have some cosmic rationale
But here you are with your faith
And your Peter Pan advice
You have no scars on your face
And you cannot handle
Pressure
Pressure
Pressure
One, two, three, four
Pressure
***
So what am I going to do about it? 
Well I'm going to deal with the Pressure, I can handle it. 
  • I'm going to determine my new limits, with the girls getting older I can't do as much for myself (art wise) as I used to, after all they come first.
  • I'm going to lean on my husband, who has always been there for me, I just forget to ask.
  • I'm going to start taking better care of myself, go to they gym, find time to just sit and relax.
  • I'm going to carve out time to spend with my family.
  • I'm going to find time to see my friends.
  • I'm going to redo my entire life, eliminate the pressure and get happy again.  My life is not going to be Channel 13!

I'm linking up with Musical Mondays
 

7 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I like your tune. We do need to give ourselves time to enjoy life and the people around us, or there is always the possibility of losing quite a bit. I know that we always want to do everything, but that is unrealistic and VERY stressful. Breathe a lot, sing a little, and dance slow for a while ;-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've got a plan. I work on the worry what I can change and forget about what I can't change. My two girls are grown up and gone. I now have lots of time for me. sigh..would sometimes like to go back to the chaos. Only for a second or two.. :) stay strong, you can cope :)

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

I know all about pressure these days! Happy Musical Monday - just hopping over from Miss Angie's :)

Miss Angie said...

I've honestly never heard that before! Thanks for sharing and for linking up-I liked it!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Guess what, dear Caroline? SunshineShelle has a Grinning Skull and Daisy to add to your beautiful chaos. Yep, you won Witches in Fiction 2013... to the Bone 1st giveaway!!!

Please send me your mailing information to magalyguerrero at live dot com, and I'll forward it to the sponsor. Congrats!!!

http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/2013/04/earth-bones-and-my-wicked-darling.html

Laurie said...

Those are all worthy goals! Make it good!

Sunshineshelle said...

Don't worry too much if it all doesn't happen at once just enjoy it, reaching your goals, the process & all, I keep making lists of what I should do & then I can't find them in the chaos which we call home... guess I should take it as a hint that I should start to organise myself too ;)

Yep & Congrats on winning Skully, he's off to the post office tomorrow (hope he doesn't end up in the dead letter office)... he's coming from Oz, but be on the lookout, he's the one with the big grin 'cause he's happy to find a new home :) Magaly passed on your address for me, hope you like him when he arrives!!