As I stated a few weeks ago, I am trying to re-organize my life right now. Putting what is really important first and I have to admit it is very hard. But what I have seen more than anything is that I have a lot more to be happy about now.
1. One of the many struggles we as a family have been dealing with is how to help our oldest daughter. She has an extreme anxiety disorder along with ADHD (just diagnosed). All year she has been struggling with reading. It got to the point that I couldn't help her so we decided to get outside help, and have her going to Sylvan now. Well, after a month she has not only shown improvement she has blossomed. Yesterday she came home so proud of herself, she had been on a level C book, and skipped over level D and went right on to level E. It was such a joy to see how proud she was of herself.
2. My youngest child is a hand full, she has more energy than the energizer bunny of acid and keeps me on my feet. It is fun and exhausting at the same time. When she sets her mind to something she does it, no matter how much work it takes. Right now her favorite movie is Mirror Mirror, she watches it over and over and she loves this song. Believe it or not my 3 year old can almost sing the entire thing! She sounds so sweet and innocent when she does.
3. Art is not my first hobby, believe it or not I have been writing fiction for years. I write because I have stories in my head, but I also have punctuation, spelling and sentence structure issues so normally what I write isn't very good but it makes me happy. This past weekend I found time to write for the first time in months and it felt great!
4. My sister came to visit a few weeks ago, it was wonderful to see her and the girls love their Aunt so much I think they might have been even more excited to see her. Anyway, The Host is one of my sister and I's favorite books and neither of us had seen the movie so we went. It was fabulous! Spending time with my sister and sharing our love of books and the movies that are made afterwards has always kind of been our thing. I am so glad we got to do it for The Host.
5. Last but not least the girls and I went on a little road trip this weekend. We listened to the Soundtrack from Alice in Wonderland, they sang and I talked them through what was happening when there was no singing. When we got to our destination they played for hours at a huge park and then we all went for dinner and ice cream. They had so much fun and it was a delight to have them all to myself for a few hours.
So there it is, my happy list for this week.
It seems to be getting easier for me to put these together now that I am focusing on the positives in my life, so please come join us.
Click the image below to link up.