Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Winter in a Jar Swap ~ Linky Party Post

 I'm so excited the day has finally come for the Winter in a Jar Swap Linky party!
My partner was Kim of A Vintage Fairy
 And this is what she created for me. 
 I love the glittery snow down the sides and we must have been channelling the same Winter Vibe.  We both created something with a tree, berries and a dear.
She topped it with a lovely hand made flower!  I love my jar and am so glad I hosted and participated in this swap.
 This is what I made for Kim
 I had seen a tutorial on how to make a pipe cleaner dear and I gave it a shot, it DID NOT work!  Talk about a Pintrocity, so I deleted it off my board or I would show you.  So I had to go hunting (on Etsy not in the woods) for my dear. 
 Gave him a sprinkle of glittery snow, as I did everything else in the jar.
 I wanted it to have a fun base and I hadn't cleaned my desk off after some random project, I had exactly three mini spools left they were perfect!

I mounted the entire jar onto a piece of foam core painted it blue and added a doily.  Then sprinkled glitter between the seem.  To hide the edge I found the perfect snowflake ribbon. 
To finish it off I added some seam binding and white leaves to hide the jar top, then a fun layer of snowflake confetti a dab ofThis jar came together really easily for me and I hope Kim loves it. snow and a 3D snowflake.
 
This was a great swap with only one swapper flaking out :(  I am so pleased with how it went that I will be doing a Spring in a Jar swap so stay tuned for that.
 
Thanks for visiting.


6 comments:

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh these are both absolutely adorable! I love the spooled feet idea ~ brilliant! Looks like everyone had a creative fun time!
♥Sharon

Jess said...

Beautiful jars, both of them! Wow!

Denise said...

So beautiful,I loved each persons jar.Yours is so wonderful.I forgot to take a photo of mine(I think,but will recheck)before I sent it off to the lady who decided not to participate and never got in touch with Me.It made Me truly sad.

Denise said...

So sorry your not feeling good.Hope you feel better real soon.Denise

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh Denise, I would love to make a jar for you if you'd like. The faeries and I just couldn't live with the idea of you not getting one. *wink* Just send me a message at ~ plumroselane@gmail.com
Hugs,
♥Sharon

Ann said...

they are both gorgeous!!!