The most recent Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group swap that I have taken part in was inspired by Somerset Life Magazine
One of the wonderful articles was "Snips, Strips and Little Bits" by Ruth Krening. If you haven't seen the magazine you need to, I think it might just be their best issue yet.
|Image from Somerset Life Winter 2013 Magazine|
Rhonda of RhondaMum put together a wonderful supplies swap where each participant gave there partner certain items so that they could make some of these Landyards.
Goodies We Included
12 or more small strips of different designed fabric at least 6 inches in length (minimum of 2 inches in width, but no more then 3 inches)
12 or more small strips of beautiful laces at least 6 inches in length
12 or more small strips of pretty ribbons at least 6 inches in length
5 or more French themed charms
5 or more Vintage Buttons
5 small fabric flowers either hand made or purchased
5 or more small french themed images printed or stamped onto fabric
5 or more small french themed paper images
1 vintage rhinestone piece
12 or more glass beads/pearls
10 little treasures of your own choice such as small paper tags, metal tags, keys, etc.
I was partnered with Kris of Nostalgic Collage' and had a wonderful time pulling all the bits together and even more fun creating the packaging (a very important thing in the MAMA group) for the goodies.
I sent small images trying to keep in mind that the strips of fabric are skinny.
All the bits and pieces fit perfectly inside a miniature jar I had purchased for another project and never got around to. The spoon and fan are two of the extra goodies that I included.
For the ribbon and lace, spools of course! I got a great deal on a huge lot of them on eBay, because they weren't in perfect condition.
But I didn't need perfect condition, a little paint and some images of Marie and they were all set to go.
The flowers were the hardest item for me to gather. Most of the ones I had seemed way to large and I wasn't a fan of my smaller ones. Eventually I settled on these and pinned them to a doily that isn't in great condition so Kris can cut it up and use it also.
By some miracle I got it all to fit inside the tin. Just don't ask me to do it again.
And here is the tin from the top.
And the side.
Many of the women in the MAMA group asked how I created the tin, so I have put together a tutorial. It will go live tomorrow. You will be surprised to find out what it is made of and how simple it was to give it this look.
Hope you enjoy!
I can't wait to see what Kris creates.