Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fabric, fabric and more fabric. A Blissfull ATC Swap

Hey Gang
this is the seconds set of ATC's that I have made for the Blissfull ATC Swap group.
The theme this month
Fabric
I challenged myself to use different fabrics in all different ways.
This one is my favorite, I used lace on the background and then seam binding (which I consider a form of fabric) to enhance her skirt.
All around the blogging world I've seen Stamping/Embossing on Velvet so I thought I would give it a try. Found a wonderful tutorial HERE
It didn't turn out as clear as I would have liked.
 
For my final Fabric ATC I fell in love with this image, printed on fabric. 
I decided to turn it into a makeshift Cameo, put stuffing behind the image and sewed it town.
 
To cover the sewing I added the pearls and the bit of lace.
The flowers are also fabric.
Overall I say I learned a lot about different uses for fabric in art and how they react to certain glues etc.
I hope my partner likes what I have made her. 
Click to visit Blissfull ATC Swap's Blog 

2 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

the bubbles are cool!
hugs

ike said...

OMGoodness - these are absolutely breathtaking :-D What a fabulous item to receive in a Swap.... I would die for one of your ATCs :-)
IKE xxxxxx