Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sleeping Beauty Swap

Yahoo Yahoo....yesterday when i went to the Mail box I had a fabulous treat awaiting me...The Sleeping Beauty swap hosted by alpha Stamps yahoo group!

And let me tell ya these ladies know there Sleeping Beauty.

This one is by Liz E. and is multi dimensional. Some of the pink roses and the Sleeping Beauty and Prince are all 3D.

She also added some glitter accents that don't show up on the scan. They are done on the background paper in the swirls.







And here is our hostesses...Sarah W. you can see more of her fabulous work HERE. She is also the one doing the fabulous Soul Journaling that I have Been blogging about.

The depth to the paper that Sarah built her castle out of is stunning. she started by covering water color paper with book print, then she covered that with a thin layer of Glimmer Mist (If you don't know what this is google it...it is fabulous!) and lastly she poured Walnut ink over it. I have ordered everything needed to make this fabulous paper.

She also added some glitter/shimmery bits to her sleeping beauty image so that when you hold the caste to the light Sleeping Beauty's dress is a shimmery blue.

On top of all that she added a touch of vanilla to the tag...it made the entire package smell scrumptious! It also made me hungry for cookies.








This is Teri C.'s Castle and you can see more of her fabulous work HERE

Teri also used Glimmer mist on her caste. But she built the entire image, attached everything and then sprayed the entire castle down with it.

The dots are all hand drawn and the swirls may be also, I can't tell if they are a rub on or not.

I think my favorite part of Teri's castle is the crowns stamped repeatedly all over the background they are so appropriate and i would have never thought to do that.







And last but not least, this is Vicky's Castle.

Hers did not scan well...there are some glittery details in the background, swirls. The black thick swirls are a stick on felt. And the Sleeping Beauty and evil witch image is coated with some kind of sealant that gives the image a soft feel and look.

I just love each and every castle that I have received through this fabulous swap. Now I just have to figure out how to make them into a wonderful chunky book that I can display.

If you would like to view my pieces for this swap please go HERE.

I hope you enjoy looking at these peaces as much as I do and considering joining us next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!