Thursday, May 19, 2011

Art Share ~ COF April Open Theme Swp

Guess what showed up in my mailbox yesterday...The Circle of Friends April, Open theme swap. And Wow was that box filled with some really fun pieces.

Now let me share the art. From the bottom center going clockwise, Inspire is by Sandi our fearless leader, Peter Rabbit is by Andrea, Count Your Blessings by Elizabeth of Sassy Stampin' Momma, Watercolor by Kathy, Balloon Monster and thanks a Bunch by Monica of Art Rocks, B is for Bird by Sarette and the center piece A Artis preceptar is by Margie our newest member.

Before I move on I want to say thank you to Sarette for hosting such a wonderful swap!

I picked a few to highlight today, the first one is Andrea's Peter Cottontail. the reason I selected this tag is because when I was a girl about my daughters age my parents bought me the entire set of Peter Cottontail books, a lovely collection that I have handed down to her. The image Andrea used looks just like one of the illustrations from the books I have and I love that she sprayed it with glimmer mist it makes it look old to me.

On the back Andrea included a phrase from the book "Peter's coat and shoes were plainly to be seen upon the scarecrow."

This is the first time I have swapped with Margie and I wanted to highlight her piece because it is one of the stamps that I have always loved but never purchased for myself. I just don't know what I would do with it. Every time I see it used I love it and her card is no exception.

For the background she used alcohol inks, then stamped the image in a bold black. She mounted all this on a gold decorative paper and then onto the blue cardstock. I just love the color combination she selected.

So glad that I got to swap with Margie finally!





These two fabulously fun creations are by Monica who is our newest member to undertake a blog. She started one up a few weeks ago and it has been so much fun to watch her share her first posts. I included a link to her blog up at the top of this post.

I have always loved Monica's simple style and bold colors. Every time I open a swap I know right off which fabulous creation is hers. These cards are miniature and she sent envelopes along with them. No way am I mailing them out though, every time I look at them they make me smile.

When I opened Sarette's piece I was floored, it is the most fabulous and simple idea I have seen in a long time and I am planning on stealing the idea from her (hope you don't mind).

On the surface this looks like a very simple, pretty little fold out card, but inside it holds a post it pad! What a fabulous way to dress up something that i always have sitting around. And if you look below you can see that I have already started to use this piece. I absolutely love art that functions!









Yet another wonderful Circle of Friends swap! If you are interested in becoming a member come check us out over at yahoo The Circle of Friends, we are always open to new members.

Now I am off to go finish this months swap!

No comments: