Monday, May 23, 2011

Art Share ~ Boite D'Allumettes Swap Return

It's here it's here, it's here! The box Wanda made me for the Boite D'Allumettes swap with MAMA. The mailman even brought it to my door, said she couldn't leave such a pretty box in the mailbox!

She wrapped the matchbox with a wonderful selection of yellow, blue and lace fabrics/ribbons. So what you see under the Marie image is fabric and it is luscious! I think she hand cut and made all the flowers on the top, sewing seed beads to each center. And the yellow and blue sprigs of gems are marvelous! The image of Marie is slightly elevated off the box.

For the sides she once again used a lovely yellow fabric this one satin, folding it and sewing on the pearls and seed beads. Did I mention yellow is my favorite color!

Inside is chocked full of goodies! The daintiest handkerchief ever, hand stamped fabric bits, doilies, handmade flowers, ribbons/lace, collage images, one of her fabulous handmade strawberries (wish I had taken a separate picture of this), a miniature matchbox that she decorated (another item I wish I had a separate picture of) and filled with scrumptious vintage buttons and a fabulous crystal. She painted the box yellow and lined the inside with sheet music.

But this was the last of my goodies, the real fun started when I opened the box, which she had packed to the brim with goodies. Goodies, goodies everywhere! More ribbons, more collage images, fabulous Paris themed die cuts, a rhinestone vintage charm, french script pages and a handmade paper shoe that you can see on the top (a third item I wish I had a separate picture of...drat I was just so excited I didn't take the time to really get good pictures).











And below is the shipping box, she painted and stamped the top and decoupaged the sides with a fabulous yellow paper and bright yellow flowers. It is a lovely box and everything inside was even more fantastic!


This was a wonderful swap and I am so thrilled that I got to swap with Wanda.

















2 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

what an amzing box of goodies u received....
the ones u made is sooooo amazing also... ur newest follower from MAMA
hugs
tabitha

Wanda said...

Caroline,I am so glad you like your swap. You picked up on just about everything I did,that makes me happy when people not only like it but notice the details, and you did big time. Thanks again for being my swap partner. TTFN