To Celebrate my daughters birthday we decided to go see Rise of the Guardian (fabulous by the way).
When she came home we ate Jack Frost Cupcakes, as always there are quite a few parts to putting this cupcake together but it is well worth it.
use your favorite Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
then hollow them out.
Marshmallow Cream Filling
(for snow of course)
1 cup sugar, divided
1/4 cup water
4 egg whites
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Special equipment needed: Candy Thermometer
- Combine 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan, attach a candy thermometer to the pan and cook until temperature reaches 240 degrees
- While the sugar is cooking mix the egg whites, salt and vanilla until frothy.
- Slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and whip until medium peeks form.
- Pour the hot syrup into the Meringue in a slow steady stream
- Continue whipping until Meringue is cool and stiff peaks have been formed.
-Fill a piping bag and stuff the cupcakes with as much as you can, it sometimes deflates a bit.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
-In a saucepan whisk flour and sugar together, add milk and cream
-Cook over medium heat until boils and thickens
Transfer mixture to a bowl and beat on high until cool
-turn mixer to low and add butter a little at a time
- when all the butter is incorporated increase the speed and beat until light and fluffy
-Fill a piping bag and swirl onto the tops of your cupcakes
Now comes the fun part
I had a mold of a snowflake and some random shapes.
Melt down some chocolate and mold the shapes
Top the cupcakes with the decorations and some silver edible sugar
Lastly and most importantly, watch your baby (who is growing up too fast) enjoy them.