Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Partridge in a Pear

 I bought these fabulous paper mache pears with intention to do something with them for the Alpha Stamps 12 Days of Christmas event but I ran out of time.
 But before I cleaned up all those fabulous Pear goodies I took a minute (or more like 30) and created this ornament.
 Using the same technique I showed in the 12 Days Tutorial I covered the pear with Gold Leafing Foil (I am addicted to this stuff).  I used the Holiday Phrases Collage Sheet that Laura from Artfully Musing put together especially for this Alpha Stamps event.
 The Bird on Branch, while not a Partridge, worked perfectly in the hole I cut out.
 Y'all know how much I love satin leaf ribbon, and I found some in burgundy to go with the fabulous burgundy tinsel and vintage lace I found in my stash.  The seam binding I used for the bow and hanging device is an oliveish color. 
The back is so bright and shinny it really reflects the holiday lights off the tree. 
I made an extra, because I liked it so much and you can get one if you hurry from my Etsy Store.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am going to buy it right now!

Janet Ghio said...

Love this-what a wonderful idea!