Wednesday, December 5, 2012

New Coaster Design

 It has been a number of years since I made coasters.  One of my loyal customers contacted me and asked if I would do a tea themed design for her. 
 Of course I said yes, I love anything and everything having to do with tea.
As with all my other coaster designs I start with an alcohol ink base and build using stamps and other permanent inks.  To seal them I bake them, so they are absorbent.

 The one thing I do wish I could find a solution to is the backing.  I use cork which is great but it makes the coasters difficult to clean.
Anyway I am thrilled with the new design, and so is my customer.  I am mailing them out to her today.
If you like them you can find them in my Etsy store, and there is still time for me to get them to you before Christmas!

1 comment:

KristyLee said...

I totally love your coasters, they are beautiful and you did a great job!
Peace,
Kristy