Friday, November 11, 2011

Large Projects, Don't Fear Them! ~ Journey With Me, Day 3


Welcome to Day 3, if you missed Day 1 or Day 2 please check them out. 

Again, I start by consulting my plan. 


Then I gather everything I need, for today I want to finish stamping all my images, so that's 2 more stamps and then I want to add some details. 


Again I use my trusty stamp possitioner, please see Day 2 for a review of how to use one of these. 


All the caroling Dogs stamped :)  Now onto the Cats.


This goes fairly quickly, but what you want to be careful of is not getting careless, it can seem very mundane and easy but that's when you drop your stamp and all of a sudden you are really glad you are making a few extras. 


All my images stamped, at least that's what I thoughts, right now I am not in love with this, but it still has a few steps to go so we will see, I've got some idea's brewing on how to add to it. 


I'm going to add a bit of pop to the Dogs and Cats by painting their collars/bows in shimmering H2O's that match the background.  They will stand out thougth because the background is a mix of 4 colors so none are overly prominent. 

I lay out a bunch so I can go quickly, start at the top going the direction you are comfortable working in. 


See how fabulous that Orange is and to think that's the base color on the background. 


I decide to go with the Old Rose for the cats.

 And yes, I'm still working on these.  Alas, today my sweet husband was helping me to a bit of cleaning and he vacuumed up a few off my desk top :(  He was trying to vacuum up all the wood chips from another project I'm working on.  So I've been set back a few but no big deal I have plenty of time.

Well, that's it for today.  And it will be for a little while, I need to go buy my organza and I'm waiting for my coupon to be good.  So I'll see you again in a few days.

1 comment:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I think your projects are coming along nicely.