Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Circle of Friends, literally!


Many of you that follow me know about the Circle of Friends Yahoo Group and our Round Robbin Journals.  Well, here is another one and this one is very special to me. 

This one is Sandy P.'s "Round Journal" She had no restrictions but the shape and to be honest when I got it I went eap!  What am I going to do with this???  Then I was hit with inspiration, it's a circle and well, we are the Circle of Friends so I am going with that.  And as you can see I did. 



I had to keep my 3D elements to a minimum, each CD fits into a very skinny slot in her journal. 


I decorated both sides with members lovely images, tried to keep everything I could circular.  The only thing I wish I could have done is found a way to attach images of future Circle of Friends and those that I don't have pictures of.  I was scared to drill a hole in the CD.


This was a very fun project to work on, to finally put faces to the e-mails that I've passed back and forth for almost 6 years. 

As always the Circle of Friends is open to new member's just stop by and see if we are the right fit for you. 

I'm looking forward to the next journal but I have to be honest so far the rotation this year has been fabulous and I just don't know how I am going to keep up the good work.  

4 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

such a wonderful creation!!! thanks so much for sharing! : ) i am now your newest follower : ) sending hugs and hoping we talk again soon!!!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Caroline,
This is inspired perfection. What a great idea!
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

Ivy said...

I LOVE how this turned out and it's so fun to see everyone's faces!

Ricki Treleaven said...

This is the sweetest project!!!

xoxoxo,
RJ