Thursday, January 2, 2014

Doily and Lace Book, My first pages

 One of the recent Marie Antoinette Mail Art swaps I took part in was a Doily book supply swap.  My partner Rhonda outdid herself!
 There were two yahoo videos that I decided to model my book after.

and this one
Fabric/Lace/Doiley Book Part 1
The second video shows how I plan on combining all of my pages.  It is all the way at the end of the video.
 
I hand stitched each of the blue flowers to match the gorgeous appliqué (shown close up below) I found.  All the seam binding I used to make these flowers is on sale in my Etsy Shop
I turned one of the doily's into a pocket.  I'm planning on using this book as a needle book when it is all done so that pocket will most likely end up holding a book of needles.
I wanted to keep the adjoining pages very simple so that I could use them more for the needle storage.
But for this one I couldn't resist making this little French Ribbonwork rose.  I have some for sale in my shop.
 
I've already got one more page half done and plans for the third.  This is going to be the biggest project I have taken on knowing that I will keep it that I've ever done. 
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

oh Caroline this is so gorgeous. Thank you so much for putting this on face book I love your project.
hugs
susan s