It's the first full week of the New Year and mine is starting off pretty good. Girls are back in school, it's freezing and I'm catching up on some work. While those things all make me happy there are a few things that really stand out this week.
1. I received a FREE issue of the latest Cuisine at Home magazine. Of course I received it because they want me to subscribe again but hey, I'll take it. I haven't had a chance to sit down and crack the spine but the easy-to-prepare midweek meals sound right up my alley.
2. My oldest leveled up in her reading again! The whole level thing kind of has me confused. She is now on level H and the goal for students at this point in time is a G. So yahoo she is ahead of the game!
3. I'm going to get a year older this week and Mr. Glitter Tart keeps teasing me with an "blow your mind" birthday present. I can't wait to find out what it is.
4. I received a birthday card from my oldest friend! I love that she still remembers when my birthday is, it makes me feel so special.
5. I finished another pretty decent book. But the really cool thing is I am going to be chatting with the author this week at the library book club I am a member of!
6. I have been accepted to a new swap hosted by Chaotic Goddess Swaps! A Book swap with bloggers. I've done a number of book swaps but never with bloggers. I am excited to get to know the other bloggers taking part. Now I need to go spruce up my wish list.
All in all I'd say I'm a pretty lucky girl to start the year off like this. What has made you happy?