Saturday, May 4, 2013

When in doubt, wear red ~ Paper Dress Shop

I ran across Manon's blog a few months ago and her bright happy style and love of paper houses inspired me to try my hand at creating my own. 
 
Welcome to
"When in doubt, wear red,"
a retro consignment shop with some very eclectic touches.
the brick work is made out of paperclay that I stamped into and then washed with brown ink. 
Gardens have grown wild all around the shop.
 
The windows are that old lovely thick glass with ripples in it. 
And out back hidden in the garden is where the magic happens.
I constructed a mini box to hold all the bits and pieces that make the shop light work. 
Yep, there is a working light inside the shop!
Stop by next week to see the inside.
 
I'm linking up to Paper Saturdays
come join us.
manonpopjes

9 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love the consignment shop and all the pieces that make it so special. What a fun work. Congrats. Oma Linda

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see the inside. Blessings!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous...I love the light...can't wait till next week to see inside... :)

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a totally fantastic fun piece - love it! Valerie

Holly M said...

How many ways can I say I love this?! This little house hits all my happy buttons. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Unknown said...

oh so fun! I love the name of the shop and the wild gardens growing all around. Super cute!

Pia Drent said...

So nicely made and what a photographer you are!
Visiting from paper saturdays <3 Pia

manomij said...

I am so sorry I have arrived so late this week for Paper Saturdays but I sneaked of on a little break :)
I am back home now so happy belated Saturdays.
Wow I love this little house now you have got me ready to add more to Lottie's Studio. Can't wait to see what is inside, the suspence is killing me.
ManonX

Unknown said...

No way! That is so cool! You did a great job. I love that there is a working light hooked up to your shop! Have you ever been to a great shop like this? I think I have. Wonderful!