Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Marie as the Bee Keeper


It's my latest MAMA project! This time around we were to decorate a matchbox and domino with a lot of bling. 


When I was done with my matchbox I didn't feel like it had enough bling, so I built a table for the "bee hive" to sit on that I could add more bling to.


I didn't plan on slitting the side, but the inside box wouldn't slip in and out nice and neatly, so I improvised and actually think I like it better this way.


The entire design was inspired by the bee pin, which I found on Ebay.  It was my first ever bid that I won!


We had to incorporate an image of Marie somewhere and I chose inside.  Originally she was going to go on a single domino but it was too big.  So again, I improvised and really like it better.


I find the picture that I captured of the domino here absolutely stunning, I think it is better than the real thing. 


On the back of the domino's I had to have some bees.  The images and stamps used on this project are all from Alpha Stamps, the bling is from various shops.

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

diane said...

Wow!
Absolutely beautiful work!
I'm in awe of your talent!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

What a gorgeous piece, Caroline! I am going back to look again, and probably again.
enJOY a lovely evening,
Kimberly

Becs said...

You did an amazing job!!! Love it.