Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cancer Sucks, But you can Help


This is my fabulous sister running her first Marathon to fight cancer.  I support her 100% and wish that I could run along side her for this great cause.  Alas she lives miles away and I am no runner.  So, I am doing what I can.  I am sharing with you her request for support. 

Mali has offered to wear the names of your loved ones on a ribbon pinned to her jersey for anyone that donates any amount.

Please help squash cancer with us.

Here is her letter to all

Good Morning!
If you've ever written a letter asking someone for money, I'm sure you know how difficult it can be to find a good opener.   But sadly there is nothing easy about cancer.  This year will mark my second year running for the Dana Farber Team to raise money to end cancer.  Last year with the help and support of friends and family I raised $635 in memory of loved ones I have lost as well as the loved ones who have thankfully survived.
In 2011 I ran for my grandfather and great aunt.  This year I am running in Memory of my grandmother, Mama Doris.  A truly beautiful and inspiring woman who when faced with her cancer handled it with the same amount of grace and intelligence that she faced much of her life.  This death has hit me very hard but has driven me even harder to do all I can to make sure others don’t feel the pain of being robbed. 

With the Half Marathon 6 weeks away my training has been stepped up a notch.  I am putting the miles on the road as well as building my endurance with a trainer however I can’t reach the starting line alone.  This year I have vowed to raise $500 to help Dana Farber continue their research and forward thinking treatment methods to end cancer.  Donations of any size are greatly appreciated and 100% of your contribution will go towards to Dana Farber Cancer Institute. 
Thank You so much for your support!  And please feel free to follow my progress at http://nerdupruns.wordpress.com/ 

Sincerely,
Mali O
To Donate please click on the word Money or "Vowed to raise $500 to help Dana Farber" it will take you directly to Mali's donation page. 
 
If you would like to contact Mali please leave me a comment and I will send you her e-mail address or visit her web page.
 
 

No comments: