When I hear Tinkerbell I think of Peter Pan and his little Pixie, I think lime green and pixie dust. But you won't find any of that here.
These Tinkerbell cupcakes are part of the book Sprinkled with murder by Jenn McKinlay. A delightful Cozy Mystery.
Jenn provides the recipe as part of her book. But I made a few changes.
The Tinkerbell Cupcakes are Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry butter cream frosting rolled in pink sugar.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups Sugar
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (for me this was 6 lemons)
3 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until the yellow is Incorporated.
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Combine wet ingredients
- Add the flower and wet ingredients to sugar starting and ending with flour.
- line cupcake tin and fill 3/4 of the way full
-cook for 20 minutes or until done.
Frosting: (this is where I really deviated)
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup four
1 1/2 cup whole milk
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup butter
- In a saucepan whisk flour and sugar together, add milk and cream, cook over medium heat until boils and thickens
- transfer to bowl and beat on high until cool
- Turn mixer to low and add butter a little at a time, when all is in increase speed and beat until light and fluffy
- ad raspberries and flavoring
I cut stars out of white chocolate and sprinkled pink edible glitter onto them.
I sprinkled the cupcakes with pink sugar and topped them with a fresh raspberry.