Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bird Song Journal

 Recently I got to play with the Bird Song paper collection from Graphic 45. 
 Alpha Stamps is carrying this fabulous line and a wonderful selection of goodies to go with it. 
 
 I decided to make a journal, after all I love art that has a purpose and journals are always a great thing to have laying around. 
 
One of the things that I really love about this set is that there are a lot of collage type images that can be used with the lovely background papers.  In fact everything paper on my piece is from the Bird Song collection.
 
 I bound my journal with some lovely Rayon Cording.  I wanted to make tassels with this also but for some reason I just couldn't get them to stay tied. 
 


I kept the back of the journal simple so that it will lay flat and be easy to write in.  

3 comments:

Rhea said...

Really nice project! I love how you used the filigree, super clever.

Beverly Sager said...

I agree with Rhea - the filigree adds a beautiful touch. Love these papers & accessories. You've made a very lovely journal - great work :)

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

that is really pretty...please rest sweet lady....
hugs