Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation ATC


A fabulous art friend of mine is hosting a Mystery Book ATC swap.  So you know I had to join because there was no way I was passing up an opportunity to create art around a book.


I selected one of my all time favorites, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig.  If you haven't read any of her books you are missing out.  They are light historical fiction, with a present tense line also, mysteries with of course a bit of romance.


The Secret History of the Pink Carnation takes place in both England and France so I tried to depict both.  I had a lot of fun with this one and can't wait for the returns.


We needed to include a summary of the book, I managed to type most of the jacket sleeve onto the back leaving some room for my information. 

I am secretly hoping she hosts more of these since The Secret History of the Pink Carnation is just the first in a wonderful series, it would be fun to make an ATC for all of Lauren's books.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

It looks wonderful. A great way to pay homage to a great book! I'm a huge Pink Carnation fan myself!

Nichola said...

Oooh, I've never read her but my interest is peaked!

Pa Ul said...

Your post is great to read. I was wondering what are 5 easy steps on how to create an artist trading card?