Thought I would take a moment and post the items that I dropped in the mailbox today.
So, first the Holiday Pendant is for a Swap. The guidelines were that we would make anything but an ATC and we had to use the Alcohol on acetate technique.
I knew I wanted to do something holiday themed so when I got some extra Pendant shapes in the mail (another swap that I am working on) I decided to use one of the extra and try out various techniques that I plan on using later. I was already familiar with the Alcohol technique.
Most of this is hard to see, I just could not get a good photo. Under the acetate (the part of the image that looks like red and gold rivers of ink) I affixed an image of Santa Clause smoking a pipe. I used two different shade of Tim Holtz's crackle paint. I have never used this product before and i like it, the colors don't blend well though. On top of the acetate I affixed some Dresden/German Scrap and a present charm. The ribbon is threaded through the provided openings in the pendant.
To finish it off I decided to attach the word "Joy" at the bottom, I glittered some letters and ran a shimmery red DMC floss through them. I hope whoever get's this enjoys it, I thought it would make a nice door hanging.
The Circle of Friends do a round Robbin journal and this one is Andrea's. She wanted us to make anywhere between one and three inchies.
I think how she put the journal together is just darling!
We could use any theme we wanted.
I am not particularly fond of inchies...I find that my style does not translate well. I hate not being able to actually stamp on something and I in most cases my stamps are too large for this supper small art form.
However I overcame that fault quite nicely I think. I ended up making three inchies out of faux postage images.
They were not the right size, one side was too long and the other too short so they are mounted on a pink shade of cardstock. I glued them on and sealed the images using a clear sealant mixed with a purpleish shade of pearl ex powder...in other words, they are shimmery.
I have a book that I cut words out of all the time and one on page I found these perfect words that to me make the images more of a set
I added feathers, different ones, to each image on the side where they were a little to short, placed the lovely gold numbers and glued down the words. As a finishing touch I outlined the images and the words in sharpie.
I hope Andrea likes my contribution.