Alpha Stamps has done it again...come up with a great theme for a swap. This time it was a Flower Themed Charm Swap where we made 6 similar charms to swap.
This was my first ever go at charms...almost every time I join an Alpha Stamp swap it is my first ever go at it and that is why I enjoy them so much.
Because of the size restrictions, 1" max, I knew that I was going to have a bit of trouble. After all inchies and I do not get along. So I decided to go with the max and selected the bottle cap to work with.
The images I used are from a Tarot Card Collection that I just love and seem to be running out of rapidly. When I looked to replace them I couldn't find them, hopefully they are just out of stock. However if not some of the images are available on the Court of Flora collage sheet.
I glued the images down with a good fast drying craft glue and then covered them with diamond glaze. While the diamond glaze was still wet I added a touch of sticklers glitter. This made them a little lumpy and I am disappointed in that but hopefully I'll be the only one that notices.
The green on two of the bottle caps is also glitter, it is the new distress glitter by Tim Holtz...not so sure how I feel about this product yet. Maybe this was not the project to try it out on.
Lastly I added the pink rose and two leaves, which were originally silver but I stained them with alcohol ink so they have a green hue. And added the green drop.
My number one mistake was thinking that my tools would work. My needle nosed pliers were to large for this delicate work and I couldn't get the loops as tight as I wanted them. So if this is something you are interested in I suggest trying it out with what you have and then investing in a good set of jewelry sized pliers.
I hope the recipients of my charms like them.