Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tag Journal

For the Month of February I got to work on Monica's Tag Journal for the COF round robbin Journal project.

We could do whatever we wanted as long as there was a tag. I don't make that many tags, in fact I don't think that i have ever made a tag just because so this journal stumped me for a minute or two.


So, I turned to my trusty Collage Images book and started flipping. I came across one of Paula's Kit Club images and decided that it would be fun to do a Circus theme, not something that I think has been done in our group.


The journal pages are black so I added a swirl pattern and covered it with pearl ex powders in red, gold and blue. There is no stamping on these pages but the background and on the tag. However I think everything works well together and made for an over all fun page.

I tried something new for me on the tag pictured here, without the ribbons, I embossed the ring master images and then I spritzed the tag with Glimmer Mist in red and gold. Once that was dry I filled in some of the lighter sections with a midnight blue ink. And lastly stamped some stars. My tag is very simple and my least favorite part of my journal contribution...but as I have already said, I think it all works well together.

oh and the coolest part is that I have the tag stuck into a genuine Roasted Peanuts bag from the circus!


I hope Monica likes my tag contribution...

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Awesome job!! I love all the swirls and the authentic peanut bag!!!

Jami said...

beautiful tags. I love the ring master.