Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Quick Bite

I was told A Quick Bite would be a quick read and I guess it was it just could have been quicker...

Sands has a tendency to repeat herself. Making me feel that she views her readers incapable of remembering/recalling important details. In other words, that her readers are not that smart...um...yea right...I got really really annoyed with this especially when the same thing would be repeated on the very same page! And at the end when her momentum was going pretty well she ruined it once again by beating me over the head with details she had already gone over.

I do like her take on where the vampires came from. But there seem to be many holes in her plot line. Then again this is the first in a rather large series so she could clear some things up later.

Her sex scenes were a bit much for me...don't get me wrong I am all for a hot steamy love scene I guess I just find it better when every detail is not described...after all I do have an imagination.

I do plan on reading the next book. I was really not that into this read until about 2/3 of the way through but I was warned that her first book is more set up than anything else...she could have avoided that by not repeating herself over and over...

All in all it was an okay read...

No comments: