Monday, February 9, 2009

Masquerade (Blue Bloods, Bk 2)

Masquerade is the second book in the Blue Bloods Series. I did a little research and it looks like there will be a minimum of six books in this series.

I enjoyed the first book and I read this one even faster but Masquerade was predictable in the story that she chose to wrap up and left more questions than the first novel. I really want to go out and purchase book 3 right now but it won’t do me any good, De La Cruz’s MO seems to be “leave em hanging” which is good for book sales but aggravating as all get out for readers.

At the end of this book she has included a Family Tree with some of the “other” names the vampires have used throughout history. In each book she has various letters written by the vampires and or news clippings. I swapped out my first book and now I want to go back and look at the letters written by the Plymouth Bluff Vampires and see who they are in the present time. I wish she included the family tree in the first book.

I am anxious to read Book 3, Revelations, but I am going to wait since the fourth book, The Van Allen Legacy does not come out until September 2009. Seems to me adult and maybe even a majority of teen readers may want to read these straight through

No comments: