Monday, October 17, 2011

Alice and Dinah's Tea Club

Today I've been painting some furniture white and all of a sudden "Bum bum bum bum, Painting the roses red, We're painting the roses red, We dare not stop or waste a drop, So let the paint be spread! We're painting the roses red, We're painting the roses red!" starts running through my brain, very loudly LOL.  That's when I realized I haven't shared a tea pot piece in a bit.  Guess it was my minds way of saying, "hey you're not sick anymore go blog!"

So without further ado here is another one of my tea pots for the fabulous Alpha Stamps Alice in Wonderland themed tea pot swap. 


Everyone always remembers and dreams about having tea with the Mad Hatter but I've often wondered what it would be like to sit down with Alice and Dinah.  That was the inspiration behind this tea pot. 


I started with a background paper that I white washed lightly over, and cut out some tea pots from Alpha Stamps Collage Sheets, colored them and added a crackle glaze. 


Some black seem binding makes a wonderful base, It's just scrunched and then I added some bling. 


This is far from my favorite tea pot, in fact I think it is my least favorite which is kind of a bummer because I do think that Tea with Alice and Dinah would be quite nice (if Dinah can keep her fur out of my tea that is).  But not all creations are home runs and everyone's taste is different.

I have one more tea pot to share with y'all and I expect to receive some of the swap pieces pretty soon, I've seen some amazing creations shared on the Alpha Stamps Yahoo Group.  If you didn't join me in this swap please take a second and head over to read about the wonderful Christmas swaps Alpha Stamps is hosting!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Look at your wonderful tea pot for the swap! Love it. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and for entering my giveaway. Best of luck!

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love your teapot! It is adorable. Check out my blog tomorrow!!! Don't forget!!! (You *may* have made My Happy List) ;P

Ricki Treleaven said...

Caroline, I had already posted about your lovely blog and my soap/sock prize here:

http://ricki-treleaven.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-happy-list-28.html


I got you and Carol confused, and I am so sorry. Yikes! I am editing it so I don't hurt her feelings.

It must be the asthma meds messing with my brain!!!

xoxoxoxo,
Ricki Jill