Monday, October 24, 2011

Autumn Flowers ~ Marie Antoinette Swap


Marie Antoinette Mail Art (MAMA) has done it again, hosted a fabulous swap!  This time I decided to take part in the Ribbon/Fabric flower swap.  I've never made a fabric flower before so I had to do a bit of research and a lot of practicing but this is what I came up with. 


The swap was for autumn colored flowers and when I saw that I knew I had the perfect fabric.  Each petal is hand sewn and then I added the gold underneath so I guess it's actually two flowers in one but I love the way they look together.  Although my perfectly geometric brain really wishes the flower petals weren't so natural looking (all different and katywompous).


And here are the fabulous flowers I received in return.  I had to take a picture of the packaging because I just love the additional touches everyone always adds with pretty papers and ribbons. 

 Starting top left
Tabitha Campbells of Creative Wings hers is super soft and the prefect size and shape for my off white velvet jackets lapel!
Julie Anne Cooper of Georgia Art Chix she also made an ATC to match, I love it!
Wanda Buxton of Roses in Winter The two colors of fabric she used are splendid
middle
Socrate's of Altered Meditations  so many fabulous layers and her center is a gorgeous vintage button with Latin on it (must go find a dictionary)
Bottom
Last but certainly not least is Bobbi Ann Cook she made two for each of us! I love the black and gold one so festive for this time of year. 


I just love all the different textures and layers everyone did!


And here's mine again, I purchased the leaves and the centers from an Etsy Shop 32 North Supplies.  I reviewed them HERE


The side view


Like I said I always love how everyone packages so I did a real quick package for my flowers.  Took no time at all and in my opinion it completed my flower.  The leaves and the almonds are also from 32 North Supplies.  They were yellow leaves I spritzed them with some brown and green inks to tone them down a bit and match my flowers better.


Since this was my first ever flower swap I was really nervous.  I'm waiting to hear back from some of the ladies to make sure my flowers were up to snuff.  If so I already have a design floating around in my head for the winter flower swap.  This is so addictive and there are so many uses, not only in art but in my day to day attire!

No comments: