Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Past, Christmas Present


This week over at One Powerful Hour the theme is...

Christmas Past, Christmas Present

The hostess Pauline instructed participants to take the title anyway they saw fit.

So, last year at around this time (Christmas time) I decorated a chipboard bird and have had it up in my studio all year (See Image below). So I decided to decorate the other side.

To start I used a paper that I received last year from Wendy at Repeat Impressions. I love this paper so much but didn't know what to do with it, I really just wanted to frame it and look at it but I thought this would be just as good. Next I Green Tinsel embossed a fir tree branch all over (also from Repeat Impressions). This year (to represent Christmas Present) I used the Cat German Scrap that I received from Paula's Kit club. My finishing touched include changing the cat bows to red and adding red rhinestones all around the bird.

I think I represented things received in my Christmas past and my Christmas Present fairly well. I hope you enjoy.

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Oooh... you're too clever! What a wonderful take on a chipboard project... I would hate to count all the undecorated chipboard sides on the planet! Mmmm, but I love both sides.... you'll have to suspend it on fishing line!
hugs,
Pauline

Rhonda said...

Great fun! Love your interpretation - cheers!