Thursday, July 29, 2010

Inspirational Women Books


There done there done there done! I can't believe it took me 2 months to finish these. Thank you for your patience ladies.

Back in May I hosted the Circle of Friends swap. I selected the theme "Inspirational Women" and asked the participants to create a 4x6 page that I could bind into a book. The pages are wonderful!

For the books I marbled paper...yep the old fashioned way none of that shaving cream imitation marbling. Researched a ton of different ways to "hand bind" books and ended up using a combination of tips from Brian Sawyer and a kit from Quietfire Designs

I would not say that I have mastered bookbinding at all...after 7 books I still have a lot of room for improvement. I hope the members are okay with these.
The metal bits and pieces are all from Alpha Stamps. I created the title by printing it on the computer and then dusting the paper with coordinating inks. To seal it I covered it with diamond glaze.

I learned a lot from making these and I plan to continue making books...I'm thinking next up an ABC ATC book.

Here is a close up of two of the pages with the book open.
Now off to drop these in the mail...they have been in my house for way to long and I know are anxious to find their new homes.

No comments: