Thursday, July 22, 2010

Envelope Art

This week at One Powerful Hour the theme is...

Envelope Art

Use any size or style of envelope, you could even fold your own and decorate it. It could be just a simple stamp or a complete piece of art. Any theme is fair game as long as you use an envelope.

A few weeks ago I sent some thank you letters/cards off to some very special ladies. When I finished making the cards (which for me were very simple) I decided they needed a pretty envelope to announce their arrival.



Reaching for my trusty stand by's I ripped up some book pages and attached them to the envelope using a Gesso wash. When that dried I added some shimmer by sponging on some pink toned sparkeling H2O's.

Next I added the harlequin stamp all around the edge. This has become my new favorite addition to my pieces.

The collage image is from a Barbie Calender, I cut her out and attached her with a gel medium on top and under her, so she would not get snagged in the mail.

To finish off this envelope I added some touches of silver embossing powder. The swirls are not as clean as I would have liked them but I hand drew them and the surface of the envelope was not the smoothest. I also edged the envelope with the embossing powder.

On the back I attached a coordinating decorative paper to the flap and added silver embossing powder where the diamonds met.

I hope these envelopes made a splash in my friends mailboxes.

No comments: