Monday, August 11, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...


Here is another piece for Repeat Impressions.


The castle shape that I have been working with for a few months was created by Sarah W. for an Alpha Stamps Castle Swap. You can see other pieces that I created and received


For this castle I started by cutting out the castle shape and coloring various shades for pinks and purples using water color pencils. I then painted over the color with a very thin layer of Gesso, this mixed the water color pencils together nicely giving the background a very soft smooth look. Next I stamped 7116-E, Crown using royal purple and black inks.


The 7118-I, Queen is stamped on transparency film with a permanent ink and then painted with alcohol inks. I did not cut the transparency film closely since you can not see the film and the added left overs gave the images more stability. I used a very small amount of double sided tape to attach them to the castle.


For the Mirror I used 6804-L, Hand Mirror and cut off the handle. I stamped the phrase 7020-E, Compliments on a separate piece of cardstock and trimmed closely, so that it would fit inside the makeshift mirror.


Lastly I stamped 4314-K, Flowering Vine on a separate sheet of cardstock, colored it with the same colors I used for the background on the castle, cut them out and mounted them on the castle as shown. And edged the castle with black ink.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments: