Monday, February 18, 2008

Soaring with Butterflies


Today’s theme for Think Monday - Think ATC is…

Looks like we can’t get enough of animals here. First we had cats, then birds, and now it’s insects There are so many of them - butterflies, dragonflies, bugs, spiders or ants - what kind of insects will you show us?

I really wished I had something other than butterflies, I am kind tired of the whole butterfly thing. But alas, it is the only insect that I have…I will be remedying that shortly LOL.

The background paper is a whole bunch of different butterflies scanned into photo shop, cropped, and laid out on a yellow orange background. I then stamped the woman in the frame (Great Impressions) on paper and scanned her into photo shop then printed her out onto transparency paper. With all that done…I could finally assemble.

To attach the transparency to the butterfly background paper I punched holes and threaded iridescent green DMC floss through the openings. I added a butterfly image that is 3D in the lover left hand corner. Punched a sun shape out of cardstock stained with Tim Holtz alcohol inks and hand wrote “Soar” onto it. Then I covered it with a page pebble and affixed it over the DMC floss…

It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn’t…

I am open to any and all comments be them critical or just nice…always looking to expand.

Hope you enjoy…
Caro

19 comments:

Claudette said...

great job on this design

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Annapurna said...

I got my paper trey set of butterflies recently and was thinking of stamping them all on one card. This looks even better. Gotta try it sometime. I am curious at to how it would have looked if you reduced the butterfly layer opacity in photoshop.
xx
Anna

Barbara said...

Lovely ATC

Elisabeth said...

Wow! It looks so hard! You did a great job!

Wendy said...

I love the card and the design. Great job!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Wonderful dramatic piece. Fabulous colour.

Sandy said...

Wow what a great ATC. Love the deign and the work.

http://fatmasplace.wordpress.com/ said...

what a beautiful piece of art

Jessi said...

wow i love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, great colours.

Femmy said...

GREAT!!!!

Rosie said...

What an absolutely stunning piece of art! If anyone says to you (like has happened to me...) "Oh what a lot of work!", tell them to get lost! Looking at the result, which is probably wonderful in RL, it's more than justified. :D
Rosie SBS12

Anonymous said...

Great! Just great.

Dani D said...

very wonderful

Anonymous said...

its wonderful i love your atc

Sija said...

Beautiful Atc!

Anke said...

WOW

Gorgeous ATC

Jo Anne O. said...

Very nice idea! I am always afraid to use a busy background with a transparency as I worry about loosing my image...but this works great! Congrats!