Friday, February 8, 2008

4 x 4 Friday Under the Stars


This is my first ever 4 x 4 Friday entry and I must say the theme of Wild West really threw me for a loop!

When I think Wild West I typically think Gunfights, Spaghetti Westerns (Clint Eastwood), Bar Fights, Indians etc etc… But then I realized that those are all themes that movies have done over and over again. Upon further reflection the Wild West is about the unknown…the big open spaces and the night skies…so here is my contribution…I hope you enjoy.

My only regret with this piece is that the computer does not display the shimmery effect that I have all over the image. I painted the moon with sparkling H2O's, the cloud background is all shimmery and the star frame has a silver shimmer effect.

I am up for any type of comments, be them critical (I would love some critiques of my work) or just that you like my piece.

Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your interpretation is WONDERFUL, I just love that big ole moon and the twinkling stars, your boots are a prefect compliment as well!

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely wonderful. Love it.

Andrea, said...

Fabulous 4x4

Barbara Hagerty said...

Great idea! Lots and lots of people had to sleep under a big old moon and a blanket of stars when tending cattle or travelling by wagon!

Cheryl said...

LoVe that frame! Great idea!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Love your take on the theme...well done!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea, love this interpretaion.

stamp and scrape said...

I can imagine the shimmer as I suffer from the same frustration on my card too. What a fab 1st contribution.
Ros

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your art with us - this is very very nice!

Anonymous said...

WOW fantastic 4 X 4

Nancy said...

This is so pretty - your interpertation was great. I use use the H20's so I can imagine the shimmer. Great job!!

Angelina said...

Great 4 x 4!