Hello and welcome to my third Read Along! I am so glad you are joining.
Here is how it works, answer the questions below, for each correct response >I will enter your name for a chance to win 1 of 3 prizes (a handmade item, a PBS Credit or a $5 Gift certificate from Amazon). You have until Monday April 23rd to answer this set of questions.
Leave your answers in a comment with a way for me to get in touch with you.
This weeks handmade prize is a Dreamhunter themed bookmark and 3 magnetic glittered clothespins.
This week please read the first section of the book, Part 1, A talented Family and then answer the following questions
1. Who in the family are dreamhunters and what do dreamhunters so?
2. What is the Try? How old does someone have to be to try?
3. Who discovered the Place?
4. What is a penumbra? (I will accept 2 answers if both given extra entry)
5. What did Tziga do instead of sharing his dream with the prisoners?
1. The story of the survivors from the Island of Elpurs, does it remind you of anything?
2. Do you feel like the explanation of the Place and how it works came at the appropriate time in the book?
3. How do you see the characters? Do you think the author left too much scenery/physical description out and relied on the date header to form the readers mental picture? Are you having trouble visualizing some of the scenes?
Just for fun, I thought I would share some of the various covers for this book. Do you like one more than the others? If so why?
American Paperback cover
Hardback Large Print
I'm also working on my dream cast for this book and having a hard time with Tziga Hame so far I have a handful of actors that I think would be good, I would love to hear what you have to say. How do you picture him, do you think one of the actors I picked would be good or someone totally different?
My picks are
I hope you are enjoying the book, please feel free to leave any type of comment about the book (so if you don't like it please let us know and let us know why). I'm looking forward to your answers and this discussion.