Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Art Share ~ Treasures of the Sea

Monday I was thrilled to find my Treasure of the Sea Mini Matchbox swap return. My partner was Lynn and she created a stunning piece that is perfect for me.



I love all things vintage and she mixed the Ocean theme with vintage in a wonderful way. The image looks like an old photograph, the frame around it is a thick cardboard covered with a marvelous sandy texture. It hangs over the edge of the matchbox giving it a fabulous 3D quality.

What I find most special about the top is the flower she made out of miniature sea shells. I've never seen anything so wonderful and I keep turning the box this way and that to get a better look at how she put it all together.



The matchbox came inside a lovely gold organza bag that I don't have shown here, she also included some wonderful bird stickers and a charm I have posted below, it too came in an organza baggie. I love those things!

Inside the mini matchbox she stuffed some wonderful bits and pieces. A cut out of a dress form in a lovely cream felt, some mini collage images, a real sea shell and a gorgeous crystal.

The little box/drawer she painted blue and added a blue button as a pull.






The charm she created is also ocean themed, with all sorts of different ocean creatures, shells and fabulous bling. The glittered shell is a real sea shell! I just love it.

I'm thrilled with this swap, what I created, what I received and how it all ran. I am looking forward to the next one! You should come join us.

2 comments:

lynn said...

caroline im so glad you liked the matchbox.. the frame is actually sand from bermuda. if you look closely you will see the pink pieces of coral that makes the wonderful beach a pink tint... ohh i wish to be back there.. yes. i ordered those teeny shells.. and made the flower.. lol i want to make one of those sailors valentines and practiced on your matchbox..
hope you have a great summer.. big ladybug hugs
lynn

Janet Ghio said...

What a treasure to receive!