Friday, April 9, 2010

It's Tea (or Coffee) Time

This week over at One Powerful Hour Nancy has set the theme, Time...

Since Tea is one of my favorite themes to work with I decided to go with "Tea Time".

A few weeks ago I did a project that used the chipboard cup shape (Green or Black...Tea that is) and a friend of mine said she really really liked it. Of course I told her she could have it but wouldn't it be so much better if I gave her a completed chip board book instead of just one cup. So I decided to build my piece on the cup.

The background is the definition of Tea stamped over and over, with the tea flower color in pencil. The female image is from a collage sheet provided in a Somerset Studio's magazine. The cups are from Paula's Kit Club and the words I printed off of my computer.

I wanted to have something around the words so I used gold embossing powder and then rubbed it with black alcohol ink...I was attempting to get it to look like the gold on the clock. Not so sure it worked...but I am glad I tried. I did two layers of gold embossing, I think if I could do it over I would only use one.

Since the chipboard cup obviously has a back and when you turn the pages it will show I decorated the back also.

The friend I have in mind to give this to is more of a coffee drinker than tea drinker so I did a coffee page.

The background paper has keys all over it but the image ended up covering most of them up so I added an actual key (have no clue what house or door it goes to, hope I don't need it). The phrase I have either heard somewhere or made it up. For a finishing touch and to add more depth I added diamond glaze to the stamped coffee beans.

Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

LivArtNow said...

Such fun and fabulous teapots!! lots of beautiful details to look at!!

Linda

Lolarose38 said...

Oh, i LOVE this!!!!! What a nice gift to give to a friend too!!!
i can't see if the colouring round the words is 'antiqued' gold or not, that's the only thing with having to look at a photo of someone's art work..sometimes the finer details are lost!! But i love this piece!!!