Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation Bookmark

So tomorrow night I am hosting Book Club for the new book club I am in. I selected one of my all time favorite books, The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig. A fun light historical fiction mystery romance that is sort of a continuation of The Scarlett Pimpernel (another of my favorites).

Because I can't just have people over, after all what fun would that be LOL. I decided to make everyone bookmarks. It is not my best work but I had a number of things working against me...the biggest one being time. I just finished the bookmarks and tomorrow is the meeting.

To start I cute the base cardstock a light pink. Then I cut/tore strips of white paper, the edge that I tore I dusted with gold ink. Onto the white cardstock I stamped a French Script (the book partially takes place in France). Stacked the pink and white cardstocks and then stamped the pen nibs from Alpha Stamps along the left hand edge. The flower is from a new company I've discovered Art Neko Rubber Stamps. I used Marvy markers in various shades of pink, purple and green and stamped the carnation directly onto the bookmark. Next I printed out the title of the book onto the same color paper as the base cut the words out glued them down and finally highlighted them with a bit of gold. As a finishing touch I edged the bookmark with gold and attached green, gold and pink fibers.

I hope the women who are coming to the meeting have a great time and enjoy the bookmarks. And I hope I get to keep one...more and more people keep telling me they are coming I'm starting to wonder if I have enough food!

No comments: