Sunday, July 5, 2009

Social Butterfly

I got an e-mail from a frequent participant of One Powerful Hour asking me if I would share the samples on my personal blog so that she could leave a comment. So, here it is...

This week over at One Powerful Hour the challenge is "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" not only a fabulous Cindy Lauper song but also a theme to one of my all time favorite 80's flicks.

I got the idea for this tag/bookmark after viewing a Tim Holtz demonstration on crackle paints and resist stamping. I had to try it out on my own and this was the result which I am very pleased with. The butterflies are chipboard that I painted with the Silver Crackle paint, I need more practice with the metallic crackle paints.

The background is a few shades of the Tim Holtz distressing ink all blended together. The main stamp is from one of Paula's Kit Club's isn't she fabulous!

Well, I had a blast making this and I sent it off to my sister with her birthday gift b/c she really likes my cheeky Reto pieces. I hope you do too.

No comments: