Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Tags

The latest Circle of Friends monthly project, and the last one I'll be able to participate in until the move is compleat...pout...is a Spring Themed Tag Book. The hostess sent us all a tag template and she will be making the books for us, we send her our tags and some fibers for her to put them together. The minute I heard the theme I thought of the Fabulous Flower Oracle Deck of Tarot cards that I got from Alpha Stamps I have been so stingy with these glorious Victorian "flowers personified" cards. But I just knew this was the perfect use. I needed to make 10 tags...the most participants in a swap ever! So I selected my 10 favorite and/or most likely to cut and show nicely. I stamped a heavy white card stock with a floral background stamp and chalked it with coordinating colors for each of the different flower images. Setting this with a matt finish. Next I stamped a circular stamp with all the months and a poem that helps us remember the number of days in each month from Paula's Kit Club making sure that the Spring months were visible. I colored the "spring" section with a coordinating color to highlight it. Finally, after cutting each flower out, I attached them, anchoring them to the lower portion of the tag. My finishing touch on the front of the tags was to stamp the Doodled bird that I love so much from Alpha Stamps, cover him with Diamond glaze and accent his movement with seed beads in coordinating shades. The hostess asked that we decorate the backs, at least a little, so I found a light green decorative paper and adhered it to the tag, mushing the fabulous Pink/Green beaded flower fringe between the two sheets...in a hope that they will survive a bit better...I've seen this particular fringe come apart a number of times in transit... I stamped the month stamp again, once again highlighting the spring portion. Inside the circle I glues the flowers meaning, according to the Tarot cards. To finish the back off I stamped a small ruled book from Repeat Impressions, and I filled the lines with some fun words from Another Stamp company and on the bottom line I glued the name of the flower. I hope that everyone enjoys my tags as much as I enjoyed creating each one...even though they all have the same stamping they still seem very unique to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow these are truly stunning!

Maureen said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!

Nancy said...

Caroline - these are beautiful!! I can't wait to get my set of tags. I'll miss seeing your work while your in the process of moving!!

Grace Eickmeyer said...

Caro, these are so gorgeous! You're so talented.

Grace