Thursday, January 8, 2009

Red Pear Scarf

At long last I have finished the Red Pear Scarves that a good friend of mine commissioned me to make. I hope she likes them..

I started this project before Christmas but I had a hard time getting the red to look just like I wanted it too. The first time it was a gorgeous apricot color, but the last time I cheeked, apricot is not red LOL...so I ordered some more paint and it got lost in the mail...it happens...

The picture below is a close up of the stamping I did. I have a new camera and I am not really good with it yet...I'd use my old one...but there is a reason I have a new one...


Anyway...there is a pear stamped in the center of some french script...at least I think it is french. The stamping does not cover the entire scarf, but is randomly stamped all over the scarf.

Once again I love stamping and hand dying fabrics. The patterns that come out are so much fun. To get some added interest on the scarfs I scrunched them all up so the die has a lot of visual interest.

Hope she likes them...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh that's gorgeous! And a lovely colour :D

Liz xxx