Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Nevermore...

 It's been a while, and I've missed it, since I created something for Alpha Stamps.  But what better way to get back in the swing of things than playing with some Poe?!?   The September Kit of the Month at Alpha Stamps is Edgar Allan Poe.  I love me some Poe!
 To create this piece I wrapped a wood block in decorative paper (available in the kit) adhered Poe to one corner and attached my crow with a dowel rod in the other corner.  The same paper (just the opposite side) I used to wrap the wood is used as the crows head and the banner background.
I'm hosting a swap over at the Alpha Stamps Yahoo Group for decorating the chipboard birds.  Come join us, it doesn't have to be done in a Poe style.
To achieve the feather like look on my crow I took apart a Gerber daisy flower (black) that I got at a local craft store.  I thought the individual petals looked perfect for crow feathers.  
Some of my finishing touches include 
Black Sweeper Fringe (hides the attachment of the petals at the neck) It's in the kit!
Black Pearl (for the eye)

1 comment:

Holly M said...

Fabulous (of course!). I love the idea of using petals from a silk flower as the bird's feathers. I never liked using real feathers in my crafts. I'd rather the birds keep their feathers!