Monday, September 30, 2013

Mermaid Bookmark ~ COF Journal

 I had so much fun creating this Mermaid bookmark for Andrea's Journal. 
She requested that each member simply create a bookmark with a mermaid theme.  Since mermaids are one of my favorite themes I dove into this one.
 I tried to keep it as flat as possible and decided not to use glitter since it could rub off in the book. 
But what I really enjoyed doing is creating her tail.  I used a small hole punch and punched hundreds of various colored paper.  Then I attached them all to the tail in a scale like pattern. 
 
Right now I am working on the last journal in this rotation, kind of sad, but I can't wait to get mine back.  I hope Andrea likes what I have created for her.

1 comment:

Wendy Aspinall said...

beautiful book mark... it will make any book more special