Wednesday, September 25, 2013

French Inspired Swatches

 Recently I took part in a swap through Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group hosted by the fabulous Tabitha of Creative Wings
 We were to make 12 French inspired 4 x 3 swatches that could be sewn together into a large piece once everyone's were swapped out.
 I made one set with soft pinks and creams featuring lovely women.
 And added lots of vintage lace, flowers and buttons to them.
 For my second set I went with a soft blue vintage fabric my grandmother left to me.  She made a lovely dress for me out of it when I was little.
 Again I stuck with vintage laces but used seam binding and a floral appliqué to enhance them.
I have received the swapped out pieces and have a plan of how I am going to put them together, now I just have to find the time. 
This was a fun swap and I am so glad I took part.

No comments: