Monday, October 25, 2010

Red Velvet Art...

This is one of those bitter sweet (and not because the recipe calls for bitter sweet chocolate) posts. The Circle of Friends have completed another wonderful round of journals. This is the last entry I will do for this year...but I already have plans for next years journal ;)

Elisabeth wanted some yummy recipes to fill her journal. After all what goes better with art than food (and wine). So I pulled out my favorite cupcake recipe. Red Velvet Cupcakes. My recipe is very different than most and oh so yummy!

For the background I used two shades of acrylic paint. When they dried I stamped Patisserie, a Paula's Kit club stamp, in white all over. Next I stamped the mini cupcakes added glitter and painted the bottom portion with a Twinkling H2O.




The lovely retro lady and the cherries are also stamps I have received from Paula's Kit Club. I colored them with colored pencils, cut them out and attached them as shown. The recipe is printed on transparency film and affixed with a clear glue.

To finish it off I cut out a few mini cupcakes (painted and glittered like the others) and filled up the woman's tray.

I had a fun time making this piece and really like how it turned out. I could have kept adding and adding but I was already behind on mailing out this journal. I hope Elisabeth thinks it was worth the wait.

No comments: