Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn Pumpkin Matchbox


This week over at One Powerful Hour Amy has set the theme....
Pumpkins

Last year I purchased a set of Inkadinkado stamps because I loved the pumpkin. So of course I had to use it. I wanted to make it the main feature so an ATC would have been too large, but a matchbox was just right.

I painted the matchbox a dark brown and sprayed it with some Tim Hotlz distress ink refill concoctions. I embossed the pumpkins right onto the box and filled them in with glitter. Then stamped them onto a scrap of transparency film and glued it on top to make sure that the detail showed.

Inside the box, I placed a leaf and a small fabric flower. Both of which I sprayed with the same Tim Holtz concoction. To finish it all off I affixed a large leaf to the back of the box.

Hope you like my autumn pumpkin!

2 comments:

Amy said...

this is really darling. Love that stamp and I adore how you added all that glitter to the pumpkins and brought them to life. Such a cute box and the swirls are fabulous. Embossing is so neat in person..I bet it's amazing to see in real life. Thanks for joining me over at OPH and making pumpkin art. Hugs-

Heather said...

Gorgeous, as always. :-)