Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Tiny Little Glitter House

 This month at Alpha Stamps the kit is 3D House Ornaments.  I was so excited about this because I've been wanting to make some glitter houses.
 When I found out that Leslie had lights to go with this kit (the add on kit) I was over the moon, glitter and lights!  
I built everything on top of a Medium Craft Shadowbox so that I could hide all the light components inside the box. The house is built out of the Christmas Collage Flurry Paper that I then coated with Star Dust Glitter.  Normally I would have used Dresden to outline the windows and roof but I wanted everything on the house to be glitter so I created strips of gold glitter.  The doors and windows come with frames so I just covered those with the glitter and added them to the house.
 Y'all know how much I love my texture.  Well I discovered a new product, Snow-tex and oh my!  It is a lot lighter than modeling paste and I just love how it gives the appearance of snow banks around my house and fence.
 Yes, I know this picture is awful (blurry as all get out) but I just had to show you what it looks like all lit up.
And here is a better lit up picture but I didn't take this one in complete darkness like the above image.
I am going to make myself an entire town of these little cuties.  
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

5 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

This is so cute. Love it. Oma Linda

dyeandpigment said...

Love your tiny house. Any santa going in/out of the chimney is The Best!! Looks so cute all lit up. Thanks for sharing.

Roxanne said...

Wonderful lil' house! Love the sweet lighting and the glitter accents. Very nice....thanks for sharing. :)

Emma/Itzy said...

So sweet! :)

Laura Turner said...

Love your blog--we have so many of the same interests! I am also a published paper artist, love reading and decorating. I just became a follower and would love for you to check out my blog: www.sundayview.blogspot.com

Happy New Year to you and yours!