Saturday, March 8, 2014

Soar

 This piece started as a journal entry, but the paper curled from all the paint.  So off to the store I went to find a canvas and reproduce it. 
 After watching some video's on how to produce the background I tried my hand at it and I'm pretty pleased with how smoothly the colors blend into one another.
To add texture and depth the birds are modeling paste painted with shimmery paint.  Then I added some washi tape and the chipboard letters.  This one was a lot of fun to make and I love the phrase I came up with.
This piece is available in my shop
.I'm linking up with Manonpopjes: Paper Saturday
http://manonpopjes-manonpopjes.blogspot.com/2014/03/paper-saturday-link-up-time-and-line.html
and
ItsOverflowing
 Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful Carolyn, love the background, and the delicate colours, which remind me of spring blossoms, Valerie

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

love this piece....perfect pink

Jo said...

this is very pretty! i love all of the pink, and the texture on the birds!

Unknown said...

A very pretty canvas, you've done a really good job of blending the colours, I find it really difficult!

manomij said...

Happy Paper Saturdays Carolyn. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous piece. ManonX

Ricki Treleaven said...

How adorable! I love the pink and black!