Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Altered Book Box, A Secret Box Tutorial


 The March Kit over at Alpha Stamps is French Corsets.  And y'all know how much I love anything French, soft and girly.  In other words I had WAY too much fun with this kit.
 I constructed the book from scratch so I was able to customize the size to the chipboard corsets provided in the kit.  To achieve the textured look on the corset I used Modeling paste through a stencil and then painted over it with Distress Paint - Spun Sugar.
 Inside I used more images from the Collage sheets as well as doilies that I stained.



But what is really cool about this book is that it isn't a book at all, its a Secret Treasure Box!
I put together a tutorial on the construction of the little box.  But have no fear, I'm working on a tutorial to show you how to alter books and create them from scratch.
)
 
To finish the book off I added a few collage images. 
 
This book as well as the one I made in the tutorial is available in my Etsy Shop.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

this corset "book" is absolutely divine.....

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous! And what a great secret box book idea. I totally love what you did to the corset and that you used it as the focal point. Thank you for your tutorials, that is so generous of you to share with us. Hugs

Deb said...

A beautiful book, thanks so much for sharing the tutorial and your art! Deb

Heather, aka: Big Auntie said...

I totally LURVE this! I have never tried altering books before, and to be honest, this is the first altered book project that I have really liked! I am totally going to try my hand at this; I have a great-niece that I think would love to have something like this. Fantastic tutorial - thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Laura S Reading said...

Very cute. I could see a shelf of these!

And maybe something a bit witchier as well.