Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm now drowning my sorrows in Bon Bon's

So for the past few days I have been a little in the dumps, why…because I was reading this horrible book! Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bon’s may possibly be the most depressing book I’ve ever attempted to read. I say attempted because I only managed to trudge through 198 pages of it, and that was more than I should have.

So five women living on the same street get together and form a book club. Each has their own reason for needing this gathering because every single one of them has a horrible life! Landvik took all the negative things that can occur in childhood, marriage, and friendship and gave every single character at least one of them…if not more. There was no light at the end of the tunnel, no character that you could read along with and be relived that she had a good life it was just bad bad bad. I was under the impression that this book was suppose to be funny, maybe that is why I found it so depressing but there are some things in this book that are now seared in my mind that I so with weren’t…and the really bad thing is that these scenes added nothing to the book!

Angry Housewives was a book club selection and I can only hope and pray that the members of my club do not have, nor will they ever, the troubles these women faced on a daily basis. I do foresee a good discussion though, so at least I have that to look forward to.

No comments: